Dinner's Ready Come and Get It!


The boys have worked for various people growing up. This bell was given to them as a bonus (if they wanted it) by a guy who always had side jobs for them. They declined it and came home to tell me about it. I quickly said no let's go get it. I love this old bell and it has taken a spot by our front porch for two houses now. It reminds me of family, of sit down dinners, of hard work, and of provision.

There were two things etched in my mind of what I wanted to be when I grew up. Both of those things Satan tried to ruin by using them specifically to draw me away from what God intended me to do. One was to be an artist and the other was to be a chef. Jesus is my Victory. Today I am an art teacher and I am also a chef, in a way. I cook for the church cafe and for varies cater jobs here and there. I also cook for my family, which is the highest calling I have. They are all growing up and beginning their own lives (as I keep telling myself it should be).

I still believe that sit down family dinners are important and I still believe home cooked meals are the best way (just not the only way) of providing for that sit down meal. I am thankful that the boys are agreeing to make it home as often as they can for Sunday Night Family Meal night when they leave home for good. That is a blessing straight from God's goodness. I pray your dinner table is blessed as well.

Dinner's on the Table was born out of this new found time to fill wisely and a desire to help families come together in the busyness of life and seasons. The set up works quite easily. I will provide a months worth of meal options with each week offering 2 meal options. You order one of those options or both of them. Then you can add on additional entrees listed at the bottom. You can also add on dessert! All orders MUST be placed by the Sunday before the pickup Thursday. All orders MUST be picked up at my house between 4:00pm- 5:00pm Thursday so I am able to also sit down at the dinner table.

The month of May is a trial run but the plan is by June the program will run like this~
When you sign up, you are signing up for the whole month whether you buy one of two meals a week that is your choice. Say you sign up in June (there are 4 Thursdays in June). You are obligated to atleast buy 1 meal option a week. So in this case 4 meals at $45 each totaling $180. You can add the second meal option as well as any desserts and extra entrees. The next month that comes along you are free to sign up again for that month.

Have any questions? Ready to sign up?
You can email me at henandchicks@live.com or give me a call 219-776-7212

Comments

  1. I want to order for myself for next week.
    I will bring you the $20 for the meal for Clayton's Sunday unless you need it sooner.
    Thanks
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment